Sometimes in life, we need to make decisions that are very important, life-changing, and challenging. Situations may arise in the lives that make us take steps that we don’t want to or that we think we might regret afterward. How to Perform Istikhara
At this time, we need the advice of the Almighty Allah. But how do we do this? How to make Him listen to our problems and ask Him for help to solve them? The answer is to make an effective prayer called Salat-e-Istikhara. The Salat E Istikhara (or just Istikhara) is a very powerful prayer that helps us make life decisions. This article will help you understand what Istikhara is and how to perform Istikhara.
In this article, we are sharing the full procedure about how to perform Istikhara. Read the full article properly, don’t skip any part of this article. If you need any you can contact Molana Ji. He will surely solve your problems. Molana Ji has 35 years of experience. He has solved more than 50000+ cases till now. Don’t wait just contact Molana Ji.
How to Perform Istikhara
There might be many situations in life when you may want to perform the Salat E Istikhara. One among them is choosing a partner for marriage. For this, you can make Istikhara for marriage. This is a very powerful ritual and will help you select your partner for life. But this is not the only situation where you can ask Allah for advice or Salah.
Some other situations you might want to pray the Istikhara are choosing the best field of study for you, choosing the best way to move forward in times of difficulties, choosing the correct career path for you, knowing what to do when you face a hurdle in life, or even something as simple as knowing about future incidents. But how to perform Istikhara? Before doing that, you must first prepare yourself.
How to Perform Istikhara Step by Step?
- The steps to get yourself ready to perform Istikhara are listed below:
- Perform fresh wudu or ablution: Before asking for anything from Allah, one must be clean and free of any impurities. For this, one must perform ablution and clean their body. Starting with your hands, fingers, and forearms; wash three times. Now, wash your head, face, and ears once. Then finally, starting with your right foot, wash your legs three times again. Be sure your thoughts are clear and pure while performing ablution.
- Clean and prepare your space: A clean body needs a clean space to perform any kind of prayer. As such, clean the space you are going to use to perform Istikhara. Place your prayer mat and position yourself to face the direction of Mecca, the holy land.
- Open your prayers: Make sure your intentions are clear and pure. Centre yourself along with the prayer mat and then, while standing, raise your hands to your ears and invoke Allah’s divine name by saying “Allah Akbar.” Which translated to English means “Allah is the Greatest.”
- Then follow these steps: Recite the Istefah Dua or opening prayer which goes as follows: “Subhana Kal-lah hum-ma wabi hamdika wata-baara kasmuka wata’ala jad-duka wala ilaha ghyruk”
- Recite the Ta’awwuz dua, which reads: “A’udhu bil-lahi minash Shayta-Nir-Raheem.”
- Finally, recite the Tasmiah which is the following: “Bismillah hir-Rahma nir-Raheem”
- Recite the Surah al-Kafirun: Starting your two rakahs or prayer cycles, you must read the Surah al-Kafirun. Be sure to start this surah by reciting the Tasmiah. It reads, “Qul yaa-ai yuhal kaafiroon Laa a’budu ma t’abudoon Wa laa antum ‘aabidoona maa a’bud Wa laa ana ‘abidum maa ‘abattum Wa laa antum ‘aabidoona ma a’bud Lakum deenukum wa liya deen”
- Read the Surah Fatiha: The Surah Fatiha must be recited starting with “Bismillah hir-Rahma nir-Raheem”. It reads, “Alhamdul lil-lahi rab-bil ‘alameen Ar rahma nir-raheem Maliki yawmid-deen Iyyaka na’budu wa iyyaka nasta’een Ihdinas siratal mustaqeem Siratal Lazeena an’amta ‘alayhim Ghai-ril maghdubi ‘alayhim Walad dal-leen. Ameen.”
- Recite the Surah Fatiha again.
Now you are ready to perform Istikhara. Performing Istikhara is like performing any other dua. In the sense that you must be clear of intent and pure of heart. Also, your intents should be good and pure, or else your dua will not work.
Istikharah Prayer Rules and Signs of Response
Now, to perform Istikhara, there are a few rules you must follow. These rules are in place to make sure that your prayer is heard by Allah, the Almighty.
The Istikhara prayer rules are the following:
- Do not have bad intent.
- Try not to beg or plead.
- Be sincere and have the discipline.
- Do not ask Allah to harm others.
- Be precise and to the point.
- Keeping these rules in mind, you must then recite the following dua to perform Istikhara.
- Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi
ilmika, wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, wa as’aluka min fadlika al-azim, fa’innaka taqdiru wala aqdiru, wa talamu wa la a
lamu, wa antaallamu-l-ghuyub.
Benefits Of The Istikhara Prayer
There are many benefits to performing Istikhara. Chief among them is the fact that you are getting guidance from Allah Himself. The benefits of the Istikhara prayer are countless.
You get clarity about your problems; you get options to tackle or avoid hurdles in life. Also, once you are under the guidance of the Almighty, you are very unlikely to make mistakes or commit sins by mistake. Hence, one does not have any reason not to perform Istikhara.
If you are not getting any benefits from the Istikhara prayer, then you should contact Molana Ji. He’ll help you with your problems. You can contact him by click on WhatsApp.
The prophet Muhammad taught us how to communicate with Allah by performing Istikhara. He gave us the optional prayer to ask Allah for guidance in times of indecisiveness and trouble. However, that does not mean one should not rely on one’s own experiences and knowledge while trying to solve problems.
Allah only gives subtle signs and feelings while guiding us, and it is up to us to observe these signs and follow His guidance. However, we should also have patience after we perform Istikhara. Allah will answer our prayer in due time. Allah’s bounty is infinite, and we are sure to get a small part of it, but it will take time.
In this article, we have covered how to perform Istikhara and Its benefits. If you need any other help you can consult with Molana Ji.